I am a self-professed LOVER of all things "design". I love paper, design elements, fonts (heart be still), embellishments, clothes and I could go on and on for days.
I am a designer at heart...constantly looking to garner inspiration from that which seems plain and ordinary so I can make it into my next FABULOUS work of art. I love planning parties because, in the party details, I can express my love of design. And that's precisely what I do when I execute a party - I design every inch of it - from the invitation to the favors, to the menus to every teeny, tiny decor element. It's my passion, and I enjoy it immensely.
But I must say the world of design is a lonely one. How does one distinguish between a counterpart in the industry and plain old competition? Is it determined by proximity? Or by relevance to your clientele? It's hard to say and often the line becomes quite blurred. Ultimately, causing most designers, to keep their ideas and trade secrets all to themselves for fear of losing (even a touch of) their mojo (seems appropriate) to a fellow designer.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment